MDS Coordinator (RN or LVN/LPN)
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Fresno PostAcute Care by Reliant Management is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
Our organization is currently looking for an exceptional MDS Coordinator to make a long term career servicing the residents. This compassionate individual is responsible for directing, organizing and scheduling required resident assessments and related documentation for Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement with interdisciplinary team for completion of MDS process.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborates with all departments to facilitate completion of MDS process.
- Calculates Medicare assessments and PPS dates.
- Oversees documentation to comply with Medicare or California Dept. of Health reimbursement rules.
- Review medical records and others related to resident's health status to collect information related to the MDS records.
- Calculate quarterly annual assessments with appropriate dates.
- Monitors input to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance with reimbursement authorities and standards.
- Attends care plan conferences as needed and Medicare meetings.
- Assess resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care.
- Keeps current with job related professional developments, regulations and standards.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to identify problems and report in an objective manner to take appropriate corrective action.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, staff volunteers, and families to ensure residents are receiving the best quality care.
- Observe all company policies and procedures.
What You Bring:
- Current licensure in nursing(RN/LVN).
- Minimum one (1) year experience as an MDS Nurse.
- Written and verbal communications skills in English as business necessity.
- Administrative and organizational ability and skills.
- Current certification in CPR preferred.
Fresno PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.